Splunk Enterprise

How do I find root causes of searches being delayed in the ES across the board - Please read below? Thx a mil.

SamHTexas
Builder

I have a few error messages in my ES about searches being delayed. I used the below solution. But it only produces a few but not all. I see errors under message related to delayed searches on the main ES page under Messages (numerous) about delayed that does not show using the 

See https://github.com/dpaper-splunk/public/blob/master/dashboards/extended_search_reporting.xml for a helpful dashboard.

Please advise. Thank u & Happy Holidays.

Labels (2)
Tags (1)
0 Karma

Stefanie
Builder

The most common reason searches get delayed are because of a lack of resources.

Check your CPU Usage in the Monitoring Console to get an idea of what may be causing it.

ES is very CPU intensive with all of the correlation searches running.

At a minimum your ES server should have 16 physical CPU cores or 32 Virtual CPU cores.

A temporary fix would be to switch your correlation searches to scheduled instead.

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Get Your Exclusive Splunk Certified Cybersecurity Defense Engineer at Splunk .conf24 ...

We’re excited to announce a new Splunk certification exam being released at .conf24! If you’re headed to Vegas ...

Share Your Ideas & Meet the Lantern team at .Conf! Plus All of This Month’s New ...

Splunk Lantern is Splunk’s customer success center that provides advice from Splunk experts on valuable data ...

Combine Multiline Logs into a Single Event with SOCK: a Step-by-Step Guide for ...

Combine multiline logs into a single event with SOCK - a step-by-step guide for newbies Olga Malita The ...