Splunk Enterprise

Disable date stamp from the report

iamsplunker
Communicator

Hello Splunkers, 

I have a report (apple_weekly_report) which runs every week and I receive an email of the report. Now the issue is the date stamp is auto appending to my report name (apple_weekly_report-2020-09-01.csv) but I do not want the date stamp appended. I just need apple_weekly_report.csv as my report name. Is there any way to disable this date stamp.

Thank you

Labels (2)
0 Karma
1 Solution

Nisha18789
Builder

Hi @iamsplunker , you can do this by navigating to the "Advanced Edit" for your report , and find this field : action.email.reportFileName and remove the date part to get rid of date stamp in the report name.

Attached is a screenshot for reference.

Hope this helps!removingdate.png

View solution in original post

0 Karma

Nisha18789
Builder

Hi @iamsplunker , you can do this by navigating to the "Advanced Edit" for your report , and find this field : action.email.reportFileName and remove the date part to get rid of date stamp in the report name.

Attached is a screenshot for reference.

Hope this helps!removingdate.png

0 Karma

isoutamo
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust
Can you post your report spl?
0 Karma

iamsplunker
Communicator

Hi  @isoutamo 

I believe the date stamp will be auto-appended for every Report/Alert in Splunk If we choose to deliver the Report as Email. Wondering If we have any option to disable the date stamp in the report name (attachment name in the email) ?  Thanks

Here is the query 

index=abc source="Daily Errors" earliest=-1w@w3 latest=@w3 | table AppName ReportName Errors Variance

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Watch Now!   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to leverage ...

More Control Over Your Monitoring Costs with Archived Metrics!

What if there was a way you could keep all the metrics data you need while saving on storage costs?This is now ...

New in Observability Cloud - Explicit Bucket Histograms

Splunk introduces native support for histograms as a metric data type within Observability Cloud with Explicit ...