Splunk Enterprise Security

When trying to create a dashboard for Risk Analysis In Splunk Enterprise Security, why am I getting the following error: "the search for datamodel 'Risk' failed to parse"

sahiltcs
Path Finder

Hello,

I have Splunk enterprise security version 6.5.3.1 and am trying to create a dashboard for Risk Analysis. When I click on the Risk Analysis tab, I am not able to see any dashboards and also nothing is showing in the Incident Review tab.

I am getting the following error: "The search for datamodel 'Risk' failed to parse, cannot get indexes to search"

Can you please help me figure out why I am getting this error?

Thanks,
Sahil

1 Solution

joebisesi
Path Finder

It sounds like it either the 'risk' index isn't there or there is no data in the 'risk' index, or there is a permissions issue.

So, I would look at two things to start with.

1. Is there a 'Risk' index, and does it have data? You can also run a search against the 'risk' index.
  2. Go to the Risk Analysis Data Model and hit the drop down for edit, and select 'edit permissions'. I believe it should be set by default to Display for 'All Apps', Everyone = Read, Admin = Write

Hope this helps

View solution in original post

0 Karma

sahiltcs
Path Finder

There is version issue splunk enterprise security, Now we are planning to install new version of security App

0 Karma

joebisesi
Path Finder

It sounds like it either the 'risk' index isn't there or there is no data in the 'risk' index, or there is a permissions issue.

So, I would look at two things to start with.

1. Is there a 'Risk' index, and does it have data? You can also run a search against the 'risk' index.
  2. Go to the Risk Analysis Data Model and hit the drop down for edit, and select 'edit permissions'. I believe it should be set by default to Display for 'All Apps', Everyone = Read, Admin = Write

Hope this helps

0 Karma

sahiltcs
Path Finder

Any Update Please Confirm

0 Karma

joebisesi
Path Finder

No version bug that I am aware of.
Let me ask a clarifying question.
Are you unable to see the dashboard, or is not finding any results?

0 Karma

sahiltcs
Path Finder

It is not finding any result when I go to Risk analysis TAB Because eventtypes with macros don’t work”.

Do we need to change anything in configuration file or What action we need to perform?

0 Karma

joebisesi
Path Finder

Are you still getting the original error of 'The search for datamodel 'Risk' failed to parse, cannot get indexes to search' ?

0 Karma

sahiltcs
Path Finder

Yes I am getting same error, Its version issue I guess , I asked concered team to install new enterprise security app

Any thoughts ?

Thanks,
Sahil

0 Karma

sahiltcs
Path Finder

There is version issue splunk enterprise security, Now we are planning to install new version of security App

0 Karma

sahiltcs
Path Finder

Hi Joebiesi,

I changed the permissions and run risk index and they have data but still it not works.

Is there any issue Version Bug in the version ?

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...