Splunk Enterprise Security

Trend Micro officescan and deepsecurity sourcetype as not papulating in Malware datamodel

rashid47010
Communicator

Maily I have three sourcetypes
sourcetype=Officescan ( workstation logs( signature update, malware etc)
sourcetype = deepsecurity ( servers, malware logs)
sourcetype = trendmicro ( TrendMicro Control centre logs)

I can see the sourecetype=trendmicro with tag=malware. but other I can't see although they have also tag=malware.

secondly how can I made the app CIM compliant.

0 Karma
1 Solution

rashid47010
Communicator

In continuation of above, I install the TA_officescan TA on search head and on ES.
on search Head I can see the proper field extration and tags assosication. whereas In ES i cant see field extration NOR tag association.
am i missing something.?

View solution in original post

0 Karma

rashid47010
Communicator

In continuation of above, I install the TA_officescan TA on search head and on ES.
on search Head I can see the proper field extration and tags assosication. whereas In ES i cant see field extration NOR tag association.
am i missing something.?

0 Karma

rashid47010
Communicator

Answering to myself:

the naming convention for splunk apps to be appear in Splunk ES.

Referrence URL: https://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/ES/4.1.0/Install/InstallTechnologyAdd-ons#Import_add-ons_with_...

0 Karma

amankhan1
Path Finder

HI Rashid, which TA did you use for officescan?

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Routing logs with Splunk OTel Collector for Kubernetes

The Splunk Distribution of the OpenTelemetry (OTel) Collector is a product that provides a way to ingest ...

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...

Tech Talk | Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Splunk RUM & APM

Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Real User Monitoring and Application Performance ...