Splunk Enterprise Security

Table out results by identifying patterns in a string field

sparachi
Engager

I would like to get results by identifying a patterns with in string filed based on the string match/pattern/occurrence.
Ex::
File_name filed has a collection of string values like ABCD , ABCDG, ABCGRC, ABCD21,ABCDXYZ ,INDIAUS,INDIABritain,INDIAAus....
I need to get below output based on count of occurrences of word in each value of File_name filed.
Patters::
ABCD
INDIA
ABC and so on..

Hint: ABCD has occurred 4 times in ABCD,ABCDG,ABCD21,ABCDXYZ and INDIA 3 times and so on.

sparachi
Engager

Thanks for your response .. your solution works part of my requirement but we are not sure that in only first 4 characters we find the pattern .. string may also be of 22na9INDI, USAABCD, 123INDIBritain..like that ..

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...