Splunk Enterprise Security

SA-Eventgen is not generate event

leeyounsoo
Path Finder

Hi, Splunk.
I have a question about SA-Eventgen.

I installed the Splunk Enterprise Security app and the SA-Eventgen app, and I want to create dashboards with randomly generated event data. (Data from TA apps that are installed automatically during ES installation)

Once installed, some data is generated, but once every two days, once every three days, no data is generated for an instant.

I erased the SA-Eventgen app and tried reinstalling it, but the results were the same.

What should I do?

0 Karma

kamlesh_vaghela
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

@leeyounsoo

Can you please check Splunk App Installation / First Run section from http://splunk.github.io/eventgen/SETUP.html#install . I think you have to enable SA Eventgen Data Input.

If SA-Eventgen App is correctly installed, there is no additional configuration required. SA-Eventgen app will automatically identify with any apps with eventgen.conf.

To start generating data, simply enable the SA-Eventgen modinput by going to Settings > Data Inputs > SA-Eventgen and by clicking “enable” on the default modular input stanza.
0 Karma

hijacob
Communicator

Do you know Gogen? On GitHub you can get more information https://github.com/coccyx/gogen

Best wishes,
Jacob

0 Karma

leeyounsoo
Path Finder

It was installed and activated by clicking the enable button.
But it is not being collected today.

Splunk just collecting this data

==== sourcetype =======
Perfmon:CPU
PerfmonMk:CPU
PerfmonMk:LogicalDisk
modular_alerts:notable
modular_alerts:risk
nessus
protocol
ps

but, i need this data
==== sourcetype =======
bluecoat:proxysg:access:file
bluecoat:proxysg:access:syslog
sophos:computerdata
sophos:devicecontrol
sophos:firewall

0 Karma

inventsekar
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Once installed, some data is generated, but once every two days, once every three days, no data is generated for an instant
Please update us some more details -
How Eventgen app was configured? did you try some sample templates from the Eventgen app?

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Announcing Scheduled Export GA for Dashboard Studio

We're excited to announce the general availability of Scheduled Export for Dashboard Studio. Starting in ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Watch Now!   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to leverage ...

More Control Over Your Monitoring Costs with Archived Metrics GA in US-AWS!

What if there was a way you could keep all the metrics data you need while saving on storage costs?This is now ...