Splunk Enterprise Security

Notable Event Tags

ErraticIncome93
Explorer

I am trying to assign custom tags to notable events so that they can be triaged by certain analysts, i.e., tier 1. I have a cron scheduled search created and it is set to create notable events; this works fine. I then setup a corresponding tag for that search_name but when I try to filter by the tag name in the tag field in the Incident Review dashboard it does not show up.

scheduled search (search name is _triage_test) that is working and generates a notable: index=snort signature="test rule"
tag (tag name is _use_case_test) that is not working: search_name=_triage_test

Any ideas? Thanks.

1 Solution

ErraticIncome93
Explorer

figured it out.... i was creating tags in the search app instead of the ES app =/

View solution in original post

0 Karma

ErraticIncome93
Explorer

figured it out.... i was creating tags in the search app instead of the ES app =/

0 Karma

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

If your problem is solved, please accept the answer.

---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Built-in Service Level Objectives Management to Bridge the Gap Between Service & ...

Now On-Demand Join us to learn more about how you can leverage Service Level Objectives (SLOs) and the new ...

Database Performance Sidebar Panel Now on APM Database Query Performance & Service ...

We’ve streamlined the troubleshooting experience for database-related service issues by adding a database ...

IM Landing Page Filter - Now Available

We’ve added the capability for you to filter across the summary details on the main Infrastructure Monitoring ...