Splunk Enterprise Security

How to lookup the external ip type, with threat intelligence lookup by splunk search query?

k115
Engager

Hi,

I have to create use case related to blocked ip's by external to internal network. I can create search query for that, but the question is I wanna lookup the external ip type, with threat intelligence lookup by splunk search query. so can I use ip_intel for that, or any other method do you have guys,

just and example, x.x.x.x ip blocked by firewall can lookup with splunk,so how to identify the ip belong to threat or threat category.

0 Karma
1 Solution

starcher
Influencer

I am not entirely clear what you mean blocked by type.  However if you add IPs to the threat system the built in lookup macro for the threat intel system that you can use in your own searches is

| `threatintel_multilookup(src)` 

Then you can do something like this to pull the description field from the main ip_intel repo

| rex field=threat_collection_key "^(?P<threat_collection_source>[^|]+)\|(?P<threat_collection_value>[^$]+)" 
| eval ip_intel_key=if(threat_collection="ip_intel",'threat_collection_key',null()) 
| lookup "ip_intel" _key as "ip_intel_key" OUTPUTNEW "description" as threat_description,"threat_key","weight","disabled" 

View solution in original post

0 Karma

starcher
Influencer

I am not entirely clear what you mean blocked by type.  However if you add IPs to the threat system the built in lookup macro for the threat intel system that you can use in your own searches is

| `threatintel_multilookup(src)` 

Then you can do something like this to pull the description field from the main ip_intel repo

| rex field=threat_collection_key "^(?P<threat_collection_source>[^|]+)\|(?P<threat_collection_value>[^$]+)" 
| eval ip_intel_key=if(threat_collection="ip_intel",'threat_collection_key',null()) 
| lookup "ip_intel" _key as "ip_intel_key" OUTPUTNEW "description" as threat_description,"threat_key","weight","disabled" 

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...