Splunk Enterprise Security

Unable to have Splunk index logs centrally stored on NAS

Ruts
Loves-to-Learn Lots

New to Splunk.

Attempting to have Splunk monitor and index logs from NAS. Logs are being centrally stored on a NAS from multiple clients. Need Splunk to look at the Network drive and index the logs in the shared folder.

Using UNC path (\\192.168.xxx.xxx\sharefolder\filepath).

Under the monitored files and directories in Splunk, able to monitor the number of log files in the selected directory and instantly show changes made if log files are added or removed.

Splunk account given administrator access to rule out privilege issues. Logged into Splunk service account and confirmed able to access network location.

If I take the same files and place them in a local folder, and attempt to index them using the same method, they are instantly indexed.

The problem appears to be with Splunk not ingesting and indexing the logs when pointed to the network location.

Any help would very much appreciated.

Labels (1)
Tags (3)
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...