Splunk Enterprise Security

How to install splunk app through Linux terminal?

Rocky31
Path Finder

I am just confused to install Splunk app (truStar) via terminal, please don't tell me to download and upload via Splunk web maybe a beginner do that in the most organization uses Linux OS. I downloaded app.tgz file, if it is Splunk installation we do get wget link right, then for an app how to do?

Thanks, I appreciate it.

0 Karma

PowerPacked
Builder

Hi

Go to splunk bin location

Ex:
1) ./splunk install app foo.tar

2) ./splunk install app https://splunkbase.splunk.com/app/1603/

Thanks

Anonymous
Not applicable

For a app you could just unpack the file and copy the folder to the destination.

Standard splunk enviroment
/opt/splunk/etc/apps

After a
/opt/splunk/bin/splunk restart

The app wil be loaded,

0 Karma

Rocky31
Path Finder

ok, i will check and let you know

0 Karma

Anam
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Rocky31

Looks like you have a few possible solutions to your question. If one of them provided a working solution, please don't forget to click "Accept" below the best answer to resolve this post. If you still need help, please leave a comment.

Thanks!

0 Karma

Rocky31
Path Finder

yea, still working on it,

0 Karma

woodcock
Esteemed Legend

My other answer wrong. Go to the GUI on the search head and click on App:* -> Manage Apps -> Install app from file ...

adonio
Ultra Champion

untar it and place it in the .../etc/apps/ directory

or like described here:
https://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/7.2.5/Admin/Managingappobjects#Manage_apps_and_add-ons_...

hope it helps

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

What's new in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312?

Hi Splunky people! We are excited to share the newest updates in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312! Analysts can ...

What’s New in Splunk Security Essentials 3.8.0?

Splunk Security Essentials (SSE) is an app that can amplify the power of your existing Splunk Cloud Platform, ...

Let’s Get You Certified – Vegas-Style at .conf24

Are you ready to level up your Splunk game? Then, let’s get you certified live at .conf24 – our annual user ...