Splunk Enterprise Security

How to collect correlation searches that are enabled and aligned to mitre att&ck framework?

JLopez
Explorer

Hi Splunkers,

I need to show to some stakeholders the correlation searches that we have enabled and are aligned to the mitre att&ck framework.

I've tried using the REST command and I can find all the annotations under "action.correlationsearch.annotations" field  but I would like to narrow it down to only mitre att&ck.

Anyone knows how to get this search? 

Tags (1)
0 Karma

meetmshah
Contributor

Hello @JLopez, Can you check if this is something you want - 

| rest splunk_server=local count=0 /servicesNS/-/SplunkEnterpriseSecuritySuite/saved/searches 
| where match('action.correlationsearch.enabled', "1|[Tt]|[Tt][Rr][Uu][Ee]") 
| where disabled=0 
| eval actions=split(actions, ",") 
| rename title as "Correlation Search", cron_schedule as "Cron Schedule" "dispatch.earliest_time" as "Earliest Time" dispatch.latest_time as "Latest Time" actions as "Actions" action.correlationsearch.annotations as "Annotations"
| eval flag=if(LIKE(Annotations,"%mitre_attack%"),1,0)
| table "Correlation Search" "Cron Schedule" "Earliest Time" "Latest Time" "Actions" Annotations flag
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Get the T-shirt to Prove You Survived Splunk University Bootcamp

As if Splunk University, in Las Vegas, in-person, with three days of bootcamps and labs weren’t enough, now ...

Introducing the Splunk Community Dashboard Challenge!

Welcome to Splunk Community Dashboard Challenge! This is your chance to showcase your skills in creating ...

Wondering How to Build Resiliency in the Cloud?

IT leaders are choosing Splunk Cloud as an ideal cloud transformation platform to drive business resilience,  ...