Splunk Enterprise Security

Help creating a table that shows Incident Review Mean Time to Triage

CodyQ
Explorer

Greetings,

I'm trying to create a table depicting something similar to the following:

Notabel Arrived Urgency rule_name Notable Assigned Reviewer Comment status_group status_label Notable Closed

1:30 am Medium Brute Force 1:45 am Smith This is xxxxx closed closed 1:56 am

I realize there are pre-built panels available in ES, but not that break down the information in this manner. Also, I realize there is a similar question already in Splunk Answers, but I wasn't able to manipulate the query to provide me with what I need, hence the question. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

0 Karma
1 Solution

CodyQ
Explorer

I was able to finally obtain the answer I needed and wanted to share the results just in case someone else might need it.

| incident_review
| rename status_label as status
| sort 4400 - _time
| table _time,rule_id,status,rule_name,owner_realname,comment,reviewer_realname
| join type=left rule_id
[ search notable
| rename _time as incident_creation_time
| convert ctime(incident_creation_time)
| stats min(incident_creation_time) as incident_creation_time by rule_id]

View solution in original post

0 Karma

CodyQ
Explorer

I was able to finally obtain the answer I needed and wanted to share the results just in case someone else might need it.

| incident_review
| rename status_label as status
| sort 4400 - _time
| table _time,rule_id,status,rule_name,owner_realname,comment,reviewer_realname
| join type=left rule_id
[ search notable
| rename _time as incident_creation_time
| convert ctime(incident_creation_time)
| stats min(incident_creation_time) as incident_creation_time by rule_id]

0 Karma

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

@CodyQ If your problem is resolved, please accept the answer to help future readers.

---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.
0 Karma

Sukisen1981
Champion

you want the time diff between 1:30-1:45 am or something else?
Have you tried writing a regex with max=0 and then just getting the time difference as needed?

0 Karma

CodyQ
Explorer

Hi Sukisen,

I'm not trying to just get the time difference, but an entire table that depicts when the notable event triggered / arrived. When & who took ownership of the triggered alert, any comments they made, and when they closed it out. The time it took them to triage the alert would be a nice bonus but not really necessary. Thank you for responding and looking at my question.

0 Karma

Sukisen1981
Champion

what is the source of your table? can you pass some raw data as it looks in splunk events?

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Routing logs with Splunk OTel Collector for Kubernetes

The Splunk Distribution of the OpenTelemetry (OTel) Collector is a product that provides a way to ingest ...

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...

Tech Talk | Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Splunk RUM & APM

Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Real User Monitoring and Application Performance ...