Splunk Dev

Inject click.value to DateTimeRange from chart drilldown

h52huang
Path Finder

Hi, I am 1 week old to splunk. Using web-version. Need any generous help please.

I have a chart1 that drills down to a table1, upon clicking, passes the $click.value$ from chart1.

An example of my goal: from chart1, the $click.value$=15, then I want to set the dateTimeRange picker for table1 to 15:00:000 to 16:00:000. Then table1 will filter and only show events between 15-16:00 of a day.

Is above possible please? If yes, could anyone share more information about it please?

If not, then we might have to use query. I checked this example with question id 438520, sorry no enough points to post links..., but since I do not have input boxes as the example does, how do I convert those fields into query please?

Thanks a lot for any help.

Tags (1)
0 Karma

niketn
Legend

@h52huang, can you check whether your raw events have date_hour field (explore events in verbose mode with streaming command or only base search)? If you have date_hour field this drilldown becomes simple as you can apply base search filter date_hour=15 OR date_hour=16

Also it would be great if you can post your current searches for chart and table.

Splunk APM: New Product Features + Community Office Hours Recap!

Howdy Splunk Community! Over the past few months, we’ve had a lot going on in the world of Splunk Application ...

Index This | Forward, I’m heavy; backward, I’m not. What am I?

April 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

A Guide To Cloud Migration Success

As enterprises’ rapid expansion to the cloud continues, IT leaders are continuously looking for ways to focus ...