Splunk Dev

Can we enable Compression algorithms snappy,zlib,std on Splunk HEC

anping_li

The vector Splunk_hec_log [1] support compression algorithms gzip,snappy,zlib and zstd.   It seems the server splunk HEC  only supports gzip(I am using docker.io/splunk/splunk 9.2).  Does splunk HEC  support snappy,zlib or zstd? Is this possible to enable this algorithms beside of gzip?  

[1] https://vector.dev/docs/reference/configuration/sinks/splunk_hec_logs/#compression

0 Karma

PickleRick
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

As my colleague used to say - "Try and see". Set up a HEC input and try to push a few requests using different compression methods.

As far as I remember, there are no settings for selectively enabling/disabling compression (methods) on HTTP level so you'll either hit something that Splunk can process or you'll get an error.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the Splunk Community Dashboard Challenge!

Welcome to Splunk Community Dashboard Challenge! This is your chance to showcase your skills in creating ...

Built-in Service Level Objectives Management to Bridge the Gap Between Service & ...

Wednesday, May 29, 2024  |  11AM PST / 2PM ESTRegister now and join us to learn more about how you can ...

Get Your Exclusive Splunk Certified Cybersecurity Defense Engineer Certification at ...

We’re excited to announce a new Splunk certification exam being released at .conf24! If you’re headed to Vegas ...