Splunk Cloud Platform

Tags used with Malware events

verifi81
Path Finder

Hi all.

I have Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager and troubleshooting the splunk Malware Datamodel. I am trying to determine what exactly constitutes an event as malware.

I've already gone through this link about the CIM for malware but it doesn't answer my question. 

Basically I have a minor risk event from SEP but that event did not trigger in a correlation search which is  searching from a datamodel "malware".   I'll attach screenshots of the datamodel.

I'll attach a screenshot of the datamodel. I'm assuming my event didn't match because it was not tagged as malware as per the constraint of the dataset.  My question is, where can I find the criteria of this tag? Hope that makes sense.

Labels (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Go to Settings->Tags->List by tag name to see the definition of a tag.

---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.

View solution in original post

0 Karma

verifi81
Path Finder

That was it. Thanks!

0 Karma

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Go to Settings->Tags->List by tag name to see the definition of a tag.

---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Let’s Talk Terraform

If you’re beyond the first-weeks-of-a-startup stage, chances are your application’s architecture is pretty ...

Cloud Platform | Customer Change Announcement: Email Notification is Available For ...

The Notification Team is migrating our email service provider. As the rollout progresses, Splunk has enabled ...

Save the Date: GovSummit Returns Wednesday, December 11th!

Hey there, Splunk Community! Exciting news: Splunk’s GovSummit 2024 is returning to Washington, D.C. on ...