Splunk Cloud Platform

How to select 2 different lookup table based on different cloud name

santosh_hb
Explorer

Hi Team,

I would like to call different lookup table based on the cloudname in my search query.

For ex:

if cloudname=test1, then call the below search query

|inputlookup lookup_test1 | join type=inner [ | inputlookup info_lookup where cloudname=test1 | dedup cloudname hostname | rename hostname as host_name | table cloudname host_name ] | sort metrics_id | table metrics_id host_name

else,

if cloudname=test2, then call the below search query

|inputlookup lookup_test2 | join type=inner [ | inputlookup info_lookup where cloudname=test2 | dedup cloudname | table cloudname ] | sort metrics_id | table metrics_id host_name

So, my query is, how can I combine both these queries such that if cloudname=test1 then, the first lookup (lookup_test1) is called else, if cloudname=test2 then the second lookup (lookup_test2) is called

regards,
Santosh

Tags (1)
0 Karma

DalJeanis
Legend

Since the searches are all inputlookups, we don't have to worry about the expense of the search.

Therefore, we can just add a filter before each of the joins that will kill the records from the other cloud, and then append the two searches together. This assumes the search will be in a panel and there is a token named mycloudtoken that contains either "test1" or "test2"

| inputlookup lookup_test1 
| join type=inner 
    [ | inputlookup info_lookup where cloudname="test1" 
      | where cloudname="$mycloudtoken$"
      | dedup cloudname hostname 
      | rename hostname as host_name 
      | table cloudname host_name 
      ]
| append 
    [ | inputlookup lookup_test2 
      | join type=inner 
        [ | inputlookup info_lookup where cloudname="test2" 
          | where cloudname="$mycloudtoken$"
          | dedup cloudname 
          | table cloudname ] 
      ]
| sort metrics_id 
| table metrics_id host_name
0 Karma

DalJeanis
Legend

Is this going to be in a panel with tokens?

0 Karma

santosh_hb
Explorer

yes it will be in the same panel that uses the tokens.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing Splunk Enterprise 9.2

WATCH HERE! Watch this Tech Talk to learn about the latest features and enhancements shipped in the new Splunk ...

Adoption of RUM and APM at Splunk

Unleash the power of Splunk Observability   Watch Now In this can't miss Tech Talk! The Splunk Growth ...

Routing logs with Splunk OTel Collector for Kubernetes

The Splunk Distribution of the OpenTelemetry (OTel) Collector is a product that provides a way to ingest ...