Splunk Cloud Platform

Hello, i want to install the universal installer on a windows 11. I proceed according to these instructions:

pujan
Engager

Hello, i want to install the universal installer on a windows 11. I proceed according to these instructions:

till now what i have done below steps-

1- install Universal forwarder into window (splunkforwarder-9.1.3-d95b3299fa65-x64-release.msi)

2- download License file from cloud portal (splunkclouduf.spl)

3- download WIndow TIA file on window (splunk-add-on-for-microsoft-windows_880.tgz)

now i didn't understand how i can process this, please help

universal forwarder.png

0 Karma

VatsalJagani
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

@pujan - To tell you simply what "Universal Forwarder Credentials" is:

* An App that contains an SSL certificate and other stuff for Splunk UF to send data to your Splunk cloud stack.

* Also, I think it contains outputs.conf, to specify where data will going to be forwarded (address of your cloud stack).

To collect the Windows logs, as I can see you have already downloaded the Add-on for Windows. You can follow its' documentation to see how to configure the inputs - https://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/AddOns/released/Windows/AbouttheSplunkAdd-onforWindows

If you have more than 2-3 windows forwarders to deploy same Windows input on, I would prefer to deploy all these Apps including UF Cloud Credentials App via deployment server. Reference - https://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/9.1.3/Updating/Configuredeploymentclients

I hope this helps!!!

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Database Performance Sidebar Panel Now on APM Database Query Performance & Service ...

We’ve streamlined the troubleshooting experience for database-related service issues by adding a database ...

IM Landing Page Filter - Now Available

We’ve added the capability for you to filter across the summary details on the main Infrastructure Monitoring ...

Dynamic Links from Alerts to IM Navigators - New in Observability Cloud

Splunk continues to improve the troubleshooting experience in Observability Cloud with this latest enhancement ...