Splunk Cloud Platform

Can't Log Into Cloud Instance

smcintyre100

I signed up for a Splunk Cloud trial account this morning. After a successful login I installed an app from the Splunk App Store. Upon installation I got a message that the Splunk Cloud needed to restart. Now when I attempt to log into my instance I get a message that says "IDP failed to authenticate request. Status Message="Access Denied: You are not on the list of users who can access this instance. Contact the instance owner to request access."

I can't open a support ticket because that system is currently down. I called support and they told me that they couldn't help me and posting here is my only support option. Does anybody know how I can get this issue resolved so I can log in and continue my evaluation of Splunk?

Tags (1)
0 Karma

DavidHourani
Super Champion

Hi @smcintyre100,

Have a look here for the solution :
https://answers.splunk.com/answers/394892/adfs-saml-idp-failed-to-authenticate-request-splun.html

Cheers,
David

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Announcing Scheduled Export GA for Dashboard Studio

We're excited to announce the general availability of Scheduled Export for Dashboard Studio. Starting in ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Watch Now!   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to leverage ...

More Control Over Your Monitoring Costs with Archived Metrics GA in US-AWS!

What if there was a way you could keep all the metrics data you need while saving on storage costs?This is now ...