Security

how to restrict users group to access particular index only

saifuddin9122
Path Finder

Hello

we have two indexes (A,B) and i have 3 different groups.
1. admin
2. US-East-users
3. US-central-users

our goal is admin group members should have access to both indexes and US-East-users should have access to index A only US-central-users should have access to index B.

even the user in any group other than admin searches for index=* , they should get data from only the index to which they have access.

how should i implement this? can any one help me in doing so?

Thanks in Advance.

Tags (2)
0 Karma
1 Solution

adonio
Ultra Champion

hello saifuddin9122,
navigate to settings -> access controls -> roles -> US-East-users -> scroll all the way down -> add index A to the bottom box (restricted indexes) -> click save -> repeat for other roles

alt text

View solution in original post

adonio
Ultra Champion

hello saifuddin9122,
navigate to settings -> access controls -> roles -> US-East-users -> scroll all the way down -> add index A to the bottom box (restricted indexes) -> click save -> repeat for other roles

alt text

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...