Security

how do i delete LDAP users permanently from splunk users list

splunkgk
Path Finder

Hi,

My splunk app is configured with LDAP authentication method and there is a bunch of users who left and they need to delete from splunk. How do i delete permanently. The users do not have any ownership of any apps and searches.

-thanks

Tags (2)
0 Karma

jworthington_sp
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

I think this topic in the Splunk documentation should help you with your problem:

http://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/6.6.1/Security/BestpracticeforremovinganLDAPuser

0 Karma

splunkgk
Path Finder

Hi, I have Tried this. Deleted the some user's folder under /SPLUNNK_HOME/etc/users but still I can see them on the splunkd.log and users list on the dashboard.

The users which i am deleting are do not have any saved searches and objects. They are deleted from my LDAP group as well. Why Splunk is attempting to contact those users and showing them on list?

-Thanks

splunkme3
Engager

Hi @splunkgk, were you able to resolve this issue?

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...