Security

Why does the browser show "splunk https site not secure"?

Sukisen1981
Champion

Hi,
I have checked many answers and done some changes but I continue to receive site not secure screen first time when i access my local splunk installation , see attachmentalt text

What I have done so far:
Installed the splunk certificate into trusted authorities folder in internet options
Modified web.conf in etc/system /local to disable update checking
But nothing seems to help, any clues?

Tags (3)

vik_splunk
Communicator

The issue is quite possibly that you are still using SHA1 certificates while recent versions of Chrome mandate SHA2 certificates. Upgrading certificates will mostly be the solution in this case.

0 Karma

Sukisen1981
Champion

I checked this out in ie and firefox as well and the issue does not seem related to chrome versions.
That apart, how do I upgrade certificate from SHA1 to SHA2. Is there any documentation on that available with splunk?

0 Karma

vik_splunk
Communicator

The process remains the same. The cert generated from the CA needs to be SHA2 instead of SHA1

0 Karma

Sukisen1981
Champion

Hi ,
I am sorry but I have very limited knowledge on this, is there some previous answers or docs that can help me get started on this?

0 Karma

Sukisen1981
Champion

it works in chrome but not in IE

0 Karma

diogofgm
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

What OS do you have in your computer? If you added splunk's root CA certificate to your trusted authorities it should work

------------
Hope I was able to help you. If so, some karma would be appreciated.
0 Karma

Sukisen1981
Champion

Hi @p_gurav and @diogofgm
Yes, I did re-start my splunkd after making the changes
I am on windows 10 OS.

0 Karma

p_gurav
Champion

Did you restart Splunk after configuration changes?

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

What's new in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312?

Hi Splunky people! We are excited to share the newest updates in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312! Analysts can ...

What’s New in Splunk Security Essentials 3.8.0?

Splunk Security Essentials (SSE) is an app that can amplify the power of your existing Splunk Cloud Platform, ...

Let’s Get You Certified – Vegas-Style at .conf24

Are you ready to level up your Splunk game? Then, let’s get you certified live at .conf24 – our annual user ...