Security

Where is the IT Essentials Work create entity button?

manderson7
Contributor

We've done a new install of IT Essentials work, and was trying to add entities, but don't have the create entity button. My account has itoa_admin, itoa_analyst, itoa_user roles assigned. I do have a create entity type button, but there are no configured entity types. I have installed the AWS & nix content packs. What am I missing?

Labels (1)
0 Karma

sweetie
Explorer

@manderson7 - Was this issue fixed? I am facing something similar in ITE work app setup too.

0 Karma

manderson7
Contributor

Unfortunately not. I moved on to other work, and this was dropped. It's a shame, because otherwise it's a solid product, but this stopped us moving forward.

0 Karma

pnodine1
Engager

I ran into the same problem.  Here is how I solved it.

This document states "If your role doesn't have write access to Global team, the New Entity button isn't available."  https://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/ITSI/4.14.1/Entity/ImportCSV

I also had internal error logs "Unknown role 'winfra-admin'."

I created the role winfra-admin and ran 'splunk cmd python itsi_reset_default_team.py' and the button appeared.

Tags (2)
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Announcing Scheduled Export GA for Dashboard Studio

We're excited to announce the general availability of Scheduled Export for Dashboard Studio. Starting in ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Watch Now!   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to leverage ...

More Control Over Your Monitoring Costs with Archived Metrics GA in US-AWS!

What if there was a way you could keep all the metrics data you need while saving on storage costs?This is now ...