Security

When uploading a data file, why is the progress bar getting stuck at 100% for a non-admin user?

khagan
Path Finder

Hi,

I'm having an issue uploading files to Splunk as a particular user. When I attempt the upload process, the progress bar hangs at 100% and never completes, and searching confirms that the data has not been added. No error is logged.

This only occurs when attempting to add it as my custom role. This role inherits the default "user" capabilities, and also has the "edit_monitor" and "indexes_edit" capabilities.

Uploading the same file as an admin does not have this issue, and the upload completes instantly. Is there a capability missing that might be causing this?

1 Solution

khagan
Path Finder

Found the answer to this: the user needs to have the "edit_tcp" capability. I'm not sure why that's required to upload a file, but granting it to the user solved the problem.

View solution in original post

khagan
Path Finder

Found the answer to this: the user needs to have the "edit_tcp" capability. I'm not sure why that's required to upload a file, but granting it to the user solved the problem.

Roy_9
Motivator

Worked for me. Thank you

0 Karma

ChrisG
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

I have seen this where you exceed the disk space limit in server.conf (SPL-109362), is there any difference in this setting between your two users?

0 Karma

khagan
Path Finder

How can this value be set differently for different users? I was under the impression the setting in server.conf was a global setting.

0 Karma

yannK
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

What version are you on ?

0 Karma

khagan
Path Finder

I'm on version 6.2.5

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...