Security

What else can you do with 'edit_scripted' capability??

robertlight
Path Finder

I have found that the capability 'edit_scripted' is required in order to use "runshellscript"

This apparently is undocumented.

What else can I do with "edit_scripted"???

0 Karma

robertlight
Path Finder

perhaps some capabilities are super-sets of edit_scripted? ie: if you have capability "X" then you don't need "edit_scripted".

I really wish someone who has access to the splunk code would weigh in here!

0 Karma

martin_mueller
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

According to the authorize.conf docs, edit_scripted lets you edit scripted inputs.

runshellscript as a search command is not supported: http://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/6.3.0/SearchReference/Runshellscript

0 Karma

robertlight
Path Finder

I constructed a role with very few capabilities and could not use runshellscript nor have one of my alerts call a shell script. I added 'edit_scripted' to my pared down role and voila everything started working.

Therefore, I'm guessing that it is a needed capability.

I would love it if someone from Splunk could actually consult the code to answer this question.

0 Karma

Yasaswy
Contributor

Hi... I am not sure if this is true for all. I have been running scripts successfully on v6.2.4 with a generic role without "edit_scripted" capability.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...