Security

WMI - Can't poll server

ewilliams79

I am trying to pull WMI stats from a server on the same network as my Splunk server. It is a right out of the box install. Pulling WMI fails. What account does the Splunk server pull WMI data from or what initially do I have to change or setup (i.e. user accounts). I don't see anywhere to configure WMI access credentials that Splunk uses.

Thanks.

Tags (2)
0 Karma

gkanapathy
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

You can find out here: http://www.splunk.com/base/Documentation/latest/Admin/MonitorWMIdata#Security_and_remote_access_cons...

The account is the account that the Splunk service runs as. In a distributed Splunk environment, it is the account that the Splunk forwarder services runs as (assuming the forwarder is used to collect the WMI data).

matthewcanty
Communicator

All links are broken it seems

0 Karma

the_wolverine
Champion

This link is broken.

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...

Introducing Splunk Enterprise 9.2

WATCH HERE! Watch this Tech Talk to learn about the latest features and enhancements shipped in the new Splunk ...

Adoption of RUM and APM at Splunk

Unleash the power of Splunk Observability   Watch Now In this can't miss Tech Talk! The Splunk Growth ...