Security

Users cannot schedule saved searches

Genti
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

I have a user that wants to schedule a search and cannot. I set up a test user and tried and can't do it either.

Tags (2)
1 Solution

Genti
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

The ability to schedule searches is controlled through the capabilities assigned to your role. By default the user role does not posses the schedule_search capability. If you want this specific user to be able to schedule searches you will need to add him to a role that has the capability enabled. More information on roles and capabilities can be found here: http://www.splunk.com/base/Documentation/latest/Admin/Addusersandassignroles
[(c):MG]

If the user already belongs to a role that has the capability enabled and is unable to schedule searches you probably want to contact Splunk Support with a diag and a screenshot of what your user sees

View solution in original post

Genti
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

The ability to schedule searches is controlled through the capabilities assigned to your role. By default the user role does not posses the schedule_search capability. If you want this specific user to be able to schedule searches you will need to add him to a role that has the capability enabled. More information on roles and capabilities can be found here: http://www.splunk.com/base/Documentation/latest/Admin/Addusersandassignroles
[(c):MG]

If the user already belongs to a role that has the capability enabled and is unable to schedule searches you probably want to contact Splunk Support with a diag and a screenshot of what your user sees

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...