Security

Unable to login after Trial expiration

bagelbyheart

I have attempted to sign into Splunk with both my Trail login credentials (admin as well as user) in addition to trying to sign in with the Default free creds (admin / changeme) and am unable to sign in.

I'm not really sure where to check next to resolve this, other documentation indicated that I should have been prompted to upgrade/convert my license on expiration of the trial...

Tags (1)
0 Karma

vincesesto
Communicator

Hey bagelbyheart,

If you move the password config file $SPLUNK_HOME/etc/passwd file to $SPLUNK_HOME/etc/passwd.bak. If you perform a restart of splunk you should then be able to access splunk with the default admin/changeme username and password.

Let me know if this does not work...maybe there is a new change to splunk that stops access as well?

Regards Vince

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Splunk APM: New Product Features + Community Office Hours Recap!

Howdy Splunk Community! Over the past few months, we’ve had a lot going on in the world of Splunk Application ...

Index This | Forward, I’m heavy; backward, I’m not. What am I?

April 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

A Guide To Cloud Migration Success

As enterprises’ rapid expansion to the cloud continues, IT leaders are continuously looking for ways to focus ...