5) Received server certificate .p7b format and root certificate in pem format
6) Extract server certificate file from .p7b using openssl pkcs7 -print_certs -in certificate.p7b -out SDWSearch.cer
7) Concatenated all files into SDWSearch.pem
SDWSearch.cer SDWSearch.Key CA.pem > SDWSearch.pem
😎 Tested certificate using SDWSearch.pem and SDWSearch.Key openssl x509 -in SDWSearch.key -text openssl x509 -in SDWSearch.pem -text
9) Configured splunk web.conf, restarted splunk service
10) Tried to access splunk server from Firefox.
Error from browser:
Secure Connection Failed
The connection to server1.abc.com was interrupted while the page was loading.
The page you are trying to view cannot be shown because the authenticity of the received data could not be verified.
Please contact the website owners to inform them of this problem.
11) No clue from webservice.log file. Seems splunk is listening on 443, not sure why I am not able to connect.
2015-09-28 20:31:02,143 INFO [5609a384ce25ef510] root:597 - CONFIG: x_frame_options_sameorigin (bool): True
2015-09-28 20:31:02,144 INFO [5609a384ce25ef510] root:632 - DJANGO: configuring...
2015-09-28 20:31:02,262 INFO [5609a384ce25ef510] root:674 - DJANGO: not starting, found no apps
2015-09-28 20:31:02,263 INFO [5609a384ce25ef510] root:138 - ENGINE: Bus STARTING
2015-09-28 20:31:02,275 INFO [5609a384ce25ef510] root:138 - ENGINE: Started monitor thread '_TimeoutMonitor'.
2015-09-28 20:31:02,483 INFO [5609a384ce25ef510] root:138 - ENGINE: Serving on 0.0.0.0:443
2015-09-28 20:31:02,483 INFO [5609a384ce25ef510] root:138 - ENGINE: Bus STARTED