Security

Splunk Web SSL Certificate Error from 3rd party

Prakash493
Communicator

Hi ,
I am in a situation , we have 3 search heads clustered using a 3rd party SSL certs placed in web.conf after the splunk web ui is not accessed.

i received 2 certs from a 3rd party company one is , .pem and one is .key certs, i placed those 2 certs under /opt/splunk/etc/auth/xyz folder and then i go to /opt/splunk/etc/system/local folder edited the web.conf and updated it as splunk mentioned
[settings]
enableSplunkWebSSL = true
privKeyPath = /opt/splunk/etc/auth/mycerts/mySplunkWebPrivateKey.key
serverCert = /opt/splunk/etc/auth/mycerts/mySplunkWebCertificate.pem

then i restart the splunk but the UI didnt comes up.

What mistakes i did ? Please if anyone can help will be great ?

Tags (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

Prakash493
Communicator

Problem resolved , I updated my .key file which was password protected and splunk was unable to read the key file , after removing the password from key file splunk is able to read it and problem resolved.

View solution in original post

0 Karma

Prakash493
Communicator

Problem resolved , I updated my .key file which was password protected and splunk was unable to read the key file , after removing the password from key file splunk is able to read it and problem resolved.

0 Karma

harsmarvania57
Ultra Champion

Hi,

Any error in $SPLUNK_HOME/var/log/splunk/splunkd.log OR web_access.log OR web_service.log ? As you are using search head in clustered, how are you accessing Search Head Web (Through any Load Balancer ? If yes then have you tried to access Search Head Web directly like https://SEARCH_HEAD_SERVER:8000 ?)

0 Karma

Prakash493
Communicator

Thanks harsa ,

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...