Security

Splunk Single Sign-on permissive mode doesn't work correctly in Splunk 9.0.1?

jrodman2
Engager

When configured to permissive mode, UI requests hitting the Splunk UI without the REMOTE_USER header are directed to a go-away page, saying not authorized.  This behavior is correct for strict mode, but not for permissive mode.

This is kinda unfortunate for any use case where you want SSO to enable certain kinds of automatic access but stlil enable users to log in the old fashioned way.

My use case is automated UI testing, which is obviously a minority, but will affect all splunk app developers.  

Labels (3)
0 Karma

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Have you submitted a Support Request?

---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.

jrodman2
Engager

No, I haven't put in the time to figure out how I can access support, and I don't expect anyone to fix it anyway.  I was just documenting the state of the world, essentially.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Enter the Splunk Community Dashboard Challenge for Your Chance to Win!

The Splunk Community Dashboard Challenge is underway! This is your chance to showcase your skills in creating ...

.conf24 | Session Scheduler is Live!!

.conf24 is happening June 11 - 14 in Las Vegas, and we are thrilled to announce that the conference catalog ...

Introducing the Splunk Community Dashboard Challenge!

Welcome to Splunk Community Dashboard Challenge! This is your chance to showcase your skills in creating ...