Security

Roles lost from cluster

Mohsin123
Path Finder

Hi ,

Its strange something that has happened in our cluster today .
We find all our roles, except a few , missing from the splunk search head .
We did no change but we performed an app upgrade last night where we pushed bundle to the cluster .
Any idea what might have happened that has caused most of the roles to disappear .
And any idea how to recover ?

Thanks,
Shraddha

Tags (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

mwdbhyat
Builder

Hi,

Are the roles missing from authorize.conf or just the ui ? Were the roles originally added on an individual SH ?

View solution in original post

0 Karma

MousumiChowdhur
Contributor

Hi Shraddha,

I believe you have might pushed the bundle to the cluster through the deployer and you have created your roles locally on your search head. If so, then its high chance that your locally done things have been overwritten with the upgrade that you just did. Regarding the recovery, I don't think there's a way unless you have back up.

Thanks!

0 Karma

mwdbhyat
Builder

Hi,

Are the roles missing from authorize.conf or just the ui ? Were the roles originally added on an individual SH ?

0 Karma

Mohsin123
Path Finder

all role spresent in authorize.conf , but in ui roles are lost

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Adoption of RUM and APM at Splunk

Unleash the power of Splunk Observability   Watch Now In this can't miss Tech Talk! The Splunk Growth ...

Routing logs with Splunk OTel Collector for Kubernetes

The Splunk Distribution of the OpenTelemetry (OTel) Collector is a product that provides a way to ingest ...

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...