Security

Restrict access to apps based on role

alonsocaio
Contributor

Hi,

I have a question about restricting user/role access to apps.

Today I have about 80 apps in my SH. I would like one specific role to be able to access and see just one app. Is there any way to perform this without having to change every app that contains the "Everyone" permissions to read or write?

Thanks.

Labels (1)
Tags (3)
0 Karma

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

You can say which roles can access each app you have, but there is no "restrict this role to app x" setting.  Go to https://ideas.splunk.com to plead your case for such a setting.

---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Built-in Service Level Objectives Management to Bridge the Gap Between Service & ...

Wednesday, May 29, 2024  |  11AM PST / 2PM ESTRegister now and join us to learn more about how you can ...

Get Your Exclusive Splunk Certified Cybersecurity Defense Engineer at Splunk .conf24 ...

We’re excited to announce a new Splunk certification exam being released at .conf24! If you’re headed to Vegas ...

Share Your Ideas & Meet the Lantern team at .Conf! Plus All of This Month’s New ...

Splunk Lantern is Splunk’s customer success center that provides advice from Splunk experts on valuable data ...