Security

Proxying issues

abhsha
Engager

Hi,

I've installed Splunk Trial on my Windows 10 machine. I require to add a proxy server to access the internet on this machine. Having said this, the Splunk apps section won't load for me with the error as "Connect Timeout". I assumed that Splunk wasn't picking up the proxy from the Internet options. I've searched for settings to add the proxy server, and I read that I had to add it to the splunk-launch.conf

I've added the details on this file, and restarted the machine, but despite this, the Apps section won't load. Can you please help?

Tags (2)
0 Karma

FrankVl
Ultra Champion

With "Splunk apps section", you mean the "Browse more apps" option?

If it is just for trial purpose only, why do you need that apps browser to work? Just go to splunkbase.splunk.com with your normal browser, search for interesting apps, download them and then install them using the "Install from file" option.

0 Karma

abhsha
Engager

I realize that that is possible, however, the real issue is the Splunk is not able communicate with an API server that's on the internet, therefore, I'm simply using this particular functionality as a means to test my connection.

0 Karma

FrankVl
Ultra Champion

Right, ok, you didn't mention that 😉

In that case I'll leave it to others to comment, I'm not familiar with how to configure Splunk to use a proxy.

0 Karma

gcusello
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi
have you already seen this page: https://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/7.3.2/Admin/Aboutserverproxysplunkd ?

Ciao.
Giuseppe

0 Karma

abhsha
Engager

Thanks, I had reviewed this document, however, I do not understand. My proxy server is ready. I do not want to setup a proxy server itself. I just want the HTTP requests being generated by Splunk to be proxied through by existing proxy. I don't understand why do I need to setup an Apache server on my Proxy.

0 Karma

FrankVl
Ultra Champion

Just skip the part about setting up a proxy if you already have one.

The docs also explain how to configure splunk: https://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/7.3.2/Admin/ConfigureSplunkforproxy

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Routing logs with Splunk OTel Collector for Kubernetes

The Splunk Distribution of the OpenTelemetry (OTel) Collector is a product that provides a way to ingest ...

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...

Tech Talk | Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Splunk RUM & APM

Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Real User Monitoring and Application Performance ...