Security

Masquerade as a user?

mbrunetto
Path Finder

I'm trying to troubleshoot user issues; Is it possible for me to masquerade as a user, so my account, but with their permissions/roles?
I'd like to be able to do the troubleshooting without having the user on the phone, or talking them through getting the search.log etc.

Tags (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

This is a request that has been made several times over the years, but Splunk has not implemented such a feature. The best you can do is create a new user with the same role as the target user and troubleshoot using that.

---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.

View solution in original post

0 Karma

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

This is a request that has been made several times over the years, but Splunk has not implemented such a feature. The best you can do is create a new user with the same role as the target user and troubleshoot using that.

---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.
0 Karma

mbrunetto
Path Finder

Not the answer I wanted to hear; but I guess that happens sometimes.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Accelerate Service Onboarding, Decomposition, Troubleshooting - and more with ITSI’s ...

Accelerate Service Onboarding, Decomposition, Troubleshooting - and more! Faster Time to ValueManaging and ...

New Release | Splunk Enterprise 9.3

Admins and Analyst can benefit from:  Seamlessly route data to your local file system to save on storage ...

2024 Splunk Career Impact Survey | Earn a $20 gift card for participating!

Hear ye, hear ye! The time has come again for Splunk's annual Career Impact Survey!  We need your help by ...