Security

IP Watch List

juanv
Engager

I am very new to Splunk and trying to gain as much knowledge as possible. I found there is an App called Splunk Global Threat Lankscape/Ip Watch List which I installed but I am getting zero results. I most definitely feel I should be seeing some type of results. Is anyone familiar with this app that can provide some feedback? 

Labels (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Try including an index name (which the app developer should have done for you).

index=main sourcetype="ip_watchlist" 
|dedup offending_ip
|rename offending_ip as ip
|iplocation ip
|geostats globallimit=0 count by ip

If that fails, try this minimal query to see if the data is available.

index=* sourcetype="ip_watchlist" 
---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.

View solution in original post

0 Karma

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

What exactly are you doing when you get "zero results"?  What results are you expecting?

---
0 Karma

juanv
Engager

Thanks for the reply, I am opening the "Splunk Global Threat Landscape/IP Watch list" app and nothing is displaying. I am also selecting the "Open in Search" of the map and receive zero events. The search that is created is as follows: 

sourcetype="ip_watchlist" |dedup offending_ip|rename offending_ip as ip|iplocation ip|geostats globallimit=0 count by ip

I also found that running just the sourcetype="ip_watchlist" search gives me 0 events. 

0 Karma

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Try including an index name (which the app developer should have done for you).

index=main sourcetype="ip_watchlist" 
|dedup offending_ip
|rename offending_ip as ip
|iplocation ip
|geostats globallimit=0 count by ip

If that fails, try this minimal query to see if the data is available.

index=* sourcetype="ip_watchlist" 
---
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Splunk Platform | Upgrading your Splunk Deployment to Python 3.9

Splunk initially announced the removal of Python 2 during the release of Splunk Enterprise 8.0.0, aiming to ...

From Product Design to User Insights: Boosting App Developer Identity on Splunkbase

co-authored by Yiyun Zhu & Dan Hosaka Engaging with the Community at .conf24 At .conf24, we revitalized the ...

Detect and Resolve Issues in a Kubernetes Environment

We’ve gone through common problems one can encounter in a Kubernetes environment, their impacts, and the ...