Security

How to solve: "Search peer SSL config check" and "MongoDB TLS and DNS validation check" ERROR in Splunk Cloud?

Yuji
Engager

Upgrade Readiness App added to the Splunk Cloud Platform shows the following two errors.
1. Search peer SSL config check
2. MongoDB TLS and DNS validation check

Screenshot 2023-01-12 191800.png

The following knowledge says that "server.conf" needs to be configured, but I think that is not possible with Splunk Cloud.

https://community.splunk.com/t5/Security/Search-peer-SSL-config-check-How-to-resolve-these-errors-th...

Can these errors be ignored?

Splunk Cloud Platform version is "Version:9.0.2209.1"

Regard,

Labels (1)
Tags (1)

shivanshu1593
Builder

The screenshot itself tells you about point number regarding "Search peer SSL config check". For point number 2, you cannot configure MongoDB TLS on SplunkCloud yourself because you won't have the required access to server.conf to do that. You can open a support case with Splunk for further triaging as only they have the backend access. Same goes for DNS validation. Out of a customer' scope due to no backend access. Support case is the only way to go.

++If this helps, please consider accepting as an answer++

Thank you,
Shiv
###If you found the answer helpful, kindly consider upvoting/accepting it as the answer as it helps other Splunkers find the solutions to similar issues###
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...