Security

How to share Objects between Roles in a App

matthewssa
Path Finder

Hello!

I am trying to allow different roles to share access to objects (alerts, reports, etc) with one another in the same app. I don't want to give the users admin access though. I have given the two roles read and write access to the app but when I check edit permission the user is only able to give access to the Everyone, User, and its own role (cirt_3).

The default.meta looks like the following:

[]
access = read : [ admin, cirt_2, cirt_3 ], write : [ admin, cirt_2, cirt_3 ]
export = system

alt text

0 Karma

p_gurav
Champion

Dashboard,reports permissions are role based. If you want to give user based access, you can create different role for group of users. Correct me if I understand your requirement right?

0 Karma

matthewssa
Path Finder

That sounds right. I was wondering if there was a way though for a user to get access to just share objects with another group/role but not actually have access to their content.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...