Security

How to retrieve a forgotten Splunk.com username?

vpapadatos

Hi,

A colleague of mine forgot what his splunk.com username is and unfortunately, the site only has password reset option.
If he tries to create a new one, he get a message the email address is already been used.

Can someone help?

0 Karma

PT088
Engager

This still seems to be an issue in 2016. You have to phone support to get them to look it up in their database.

0 Karma

piebob
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

this is definitely a shortcoming on the splunk.com site, and we're aware of it. there is a project in place to fix this, it is planned to be delivered in February of this coming year. in the meantime, please contact Support and ask the person who answers the phone to look up your userID for you.
you can find the support numbers here:
http://www.splunk.com/view/contact-us/SP-CAAAHJ6

javiergn
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Visit this https://www.splunk.com/page/lost_password

You need either username or email address.

0 Karma

vpapadatos

Hi,
This only resets the password, it does not have an option to remind you the username

0 Karma

javiergn
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Grrr.

If you have an account manager I would probably ask him or her as they can easily check on salesforce.
If not, it might be easier to contact Splunk directly using the email address you registered with and asking them about it.

Have you tried searching through your emails to see if the welcome email is there?
That should contain your username if I remember correctly.

Thanks,
J

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

What's new in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312?

Hi Splunky people! We are excited to share the newest updates in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312! Analysts can ...

What’s New in Splunk Security Essentials 3.8.0?

Splunk Security Essentials (SSE) is an app that can amplify the power of your existing Splunk Cloud Platform, ...

Let’s Get You Certified – Vegas-Style at .conf24

Are you ready to level up your Splunk game? Then, let’s get you certified live at .conf24 – our annual user ...