Security

How to restrict access to knowledge objects for users?

sbarinov
Path Finder

Hello all,

Is it possible in Splunk to restrict user of accessing the "Knowledge" settings?
I want to disable certain roles to create event types.

Thank you.

0 Karma
1 Solution

CarsonZa
Contributor

i dont believe its possible to stop the user from creating their own private knowledge object however, you can restrict ability to write to the search app by disabling write permissions in the app.

manage apps>search & reporting>permissions> untick write for roles as desired.

again the user can save ko to use themselves but can not save them to the app without facing an error message.

View solution in original post

CarsonZa
Contributor

i dont believe its possible to stop the user from creating their own private knowledge object however, you can restrict ability to write to the search app by disabling write permissions in the app.

manage apps>search & reporting>permissions> untick write for roles as desired.

again the user can save ko to use themselves but can not save them to the app without facing an error message.

sbarinov
Path Finder

Thanks, looks like this is what I need.

0 Karma

somesoni2
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

You can find the list of capabilities that you can turn on/off for a role, here:
http://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/7.1.2/Security/Rolesandcapabilities#List_of_capabilities

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...

Tech Talk | Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Splunk RUM & APM

Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Real User Monitoring and Application Performance ...

Adoption of RUM and APM at Splunk

Unleash the power of Splunk Observability   Watch Now In this can't miss Tech Talk! The Splunk Growth ...