Security

How to enable https?

edrivera3
Builder

I need to enable HTTPS in my page so I asked the admin of the server and he gave me a .pem file. The .pem file appears to include the Certificate and the encrypted private key. In Splunk docs, there are reference of two different files: .pem and .key. How do I obtain those files? Do I need to ask for something else? I'd appreciate any help. Thanks.

Labels (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

edrivera3
Builder

Hi Skalliger. I did solve this a few days ago. The issue was that the key cannot be encrypted so copying the encrypted key to a separate file doesn't work. The private key cannot be encrypted. Thanks.

View solution in original post

0 Karma

skalliger
Motivator

Hey. Take a look at the corresponding docs page. You need a pem file with your certificate (and the issuing public CA in a chain) as well as the private key seperately. You can simply cut and paste the encrypted key to a new file.

Skalli

0 Karma

edrivera3
Builder

Hi Skalliger. I did solve this a few days ago. The issue was that the key cannot be encrypted so copying the encrypted key to a separate file doesn't work. The private key cannot be encrypted. Thanks.

0 Karma

jbender72
Path Finder

Hi

i am still working in this. Where does the encrypted key go?   Having problem with placement of the key. Any help will be appreciate.  James

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...