Security

How do I improve ldapsearch performance

napomokoetle
Communicator

My environment:

Splunk Supporting Add-on for Active Directory 2.1.1
Splunk Enterprise 6.3.1
Running on Linux Centos 6.5

When I execute any LDAP search I have to wait for at least 5 minutes before I see results back! This is extremely slow. What can I do to troubleshoot this performance problem and improve the performance?

Kind regards,
J. Napo Mokoetle

Lucas_K
Motivator

This has been broken for as long as it has existed.

I check with an os based ldapsearch and it instantly returns. As soon as you try to do it in the addon it's pretty much useless. We have a massive number of use cases for this and we have to resort to using external tools 😞

0 Karma

napomokoetle
Communicator

Frustrating! Let's hope someone from Splunk or otherwise will hear our cry and help us out of our specific ldapsearch related pain Lucas K 😉 .

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Built-in Service Level Objectives Management to Bridge the Gap Between Service & ...

Wednesday, May 29, 2024  |  11AM PST / 2PM ESTRegister now and join us to learn more about how you can ...

Get Your Exclusive Splunk Certified Cybersecurity Defense Engineer Certification at ...

We’re excited to announce a new Splunk certification exam being released at .conf24! If you’re headed to Vegas ...

Share Your Ideas & Meet the Lantern team at .Conf! Plus All of This Month’s New ...

Splunk Lantern is Splunk’s customer success center that provides advice from Splunk experts on valuable data ...