Security

How do I find the bandwidth usage per user in my firewall logs?

khanlarloo
Explorer

i want to know the bandwidth usage per user in my firewall logs. Can you tell me how to search my firewall logs:

devname="fg"  type="traffic" subtype="forward" level="notice"   srcname="NP"  dstport=161  dstintfrole="lan"  proto=17 action="accept" user="user X" authserver="FSSO" policytype="policy" service="SNMP" dstcountry="Reserved" " duration=960 sentbyte=78270 rcvdbyte=120261 sentpkt=622 rcvdpkt=621 appcat="unscanned" sentdelta=6755 rcvddelta=10247osname="Windows 8.1 / 2012 " 
0 Karma
1 Solution

renjith_nair
Legend

@khanlarloo,
Try this and verify with your tests

index="your index" source="your firewall source" | stats sum(rcvdbyte) as rcvd,sum(sentbyte) as sent by user
|eval bandwidth=rcvd + sent
Happy Splunking!

View solution in original post

0 Karma

renjith_nair
Legend

@khanlarloo,
Try this and verify with your tests

index="your index" source="your firewall source" | stats sum(rcvdbyte) as rcvd,sum(sentbyte) as sent by user
|eval bandwidth=rcvd + sent
Happy Splunking!
0 Karma

khanlarloo
Explorer

thank you.

0 Karma

khanlarloo
Explorer

Thank you.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...