Security

Forgot Pass4symmKey

nerelluk

Hi All,

Is their any way to decrypt splunk encrypted-pass4symmkey or else will splunk team support for the
plain text pass4symmkey

Thanks

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

p_gurav
Champion

Hi ,

Its better if you change pass4symmkey and stored it securely somewhere for future use.

Although below blog give script to decrypt password, you can give a try:
https://www.hurricanelabs.com/splunk-tutorials/make-splunk-do-it-how-to-decrypt-passwords-encrypted-...

View solution in original post

0 Karma

rvany
Communicator

You have to put single quotes around the key - and in one attempt I had to remove the trailing equal-signs.

BTW - there's also a splunk show-encrypted --value 'topsecret' - which creates strings starting with "$7$" - but I have no idea how/where to use it.

thambisetty
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Thanks for informing that i need to put pass4SymmKey in quotes.

I will try and post the results here.

————————————
If this helps, give a like below.
0 Karma

p_gurav
Champion

Hi ,

Its better if you change pass4symmkey and stored it securely somewhere for future use.

Although below blog give script to decrypt password, you can give a try:
https://www.hurricanelabs.com/splunk-tutorials/make-splunk-do-it-how-to-decrypt-passwords-encrypted-...

0 Karma

nerelluk

Thanks Gurav

It means a lot!!

0 Karma

nerelluk

Hi Gurav

when i am adding a new sever to the licensemaster i am getting the following error...

"Splunkd daemon is not responding: ("Error connecting to /services/licenser/localslave/license: ('The read operation timed out',)",)"

i had done for the pass4syymkey...but what about the SSL...?

Hope the issue might reslove

Thanks

0 Karma

p_gurav
Champion

Please accept answer if its helpful!! 🙂

0 Karma

nerelluk

when i am about to accept answer it is throwing an error ..

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Watch Now!   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to leverage ...

More Control Over Your Monitoring Costs with Archived Metrics!

What if there was a way you could keep all the metrics data you need while saving on storage costs?This is now ...

New in Observability Cloud - Explicit Bucket Histograms

Splunk introduces native support for histograms as a metric data type within Observability Cloud with Explicit ...