Security

Error when accessing encrypted passwords

nph

I see the error in the title
"splunklib.binding.HTTPError: HTTP 403 Forbidden --You (user=admin) do not have permission to perform this operation (requires capability: list_storage_passwords)" when I try to access stored passwords using service.storage_passwords.

Specifically, this error happens when I try to iterate through the individual StoragePassword objects within the StoragePasswords object.

I know the passwords are stored at the storage/passwords endpoint because I can access the endpoint in my browser and see the passwords. I have gone into the Splunk web UI and added the list_storage_passwords capability to my user role as well as the admin_all_objects capability just in case. Yet, this error keeps happening. How do I give myself this capability and/or access the passwords in some way?

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Announcing Scheduled Export GA for Dashboard Studio

We're excited to announce the general availability of Scheduled Export for Dashboard Studio. Starting in ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Watch Now!   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to leverage ...

More Control Over Your Monitoring Costs with Archived Metrics GA in US-AWS!

What if there was a way you could keep all the metrics data you need while saving on storage costs?This is now ...