Security

Changing or Removing the menu system from views

Jason
Motivator

Is it possible to change or completely remove the menuing/header system from above the charts/graphs on a view? (or all of them)

I am at a customer who is looking to use their own menuing system and include Splunk in it - using their own menus to link directly to the desired view/dashboard. Please let me know how I can change/remove everything with the black background at the top of a Splunk page.

Tags (2)
1 Solution

gkanapathy
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

You can quite easily create a custom view (or edit the existing views) in Advanced XML. As a very simple example, this:

<view template="dashboard.html" onunloadCancelJobs="False" autoCancelInterval="100">
  <!--  autoCancelInterval is set here to 100  -->
  <label>Chart</label>
  <module name="Message" layoutPanel="messaging">
    <param name="filter">*</param>
    <param name="clearOnJobDispatch">False</param>
    <param name="maxSize">3</param>
  </module>

<module name="HiddenSearch">
    <param name="search">* | head 100 | chart count by source</param>
    <module name="FlashChart" layoutPanel="panel_row1_col1">
      <param name="width">100%</param>
      <param name="height">100%</param>
    </module>
  </module>
</view>

displays just a chart (and error messages).

View solution in original post

gkanapathy
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

You can quite easily create a custom view (or edit the existing views) in Advanced XML. As a very simple example, this:

<view template="dashboard.html" onunloadCancelJobs="False" autoCancelInterval="100">
  <!--  autoCancelInterval is set here to 100  -->
  <label>Chart</label>
  <module name="Message" layoutPanel="messaging">
    <param name="filter">*</param>
    <param name="clearOnJobDispatch">False</param>
    <param name="maxSize">3</param>
  </module>

<module name="HiddenSearch">
    <param name="search">* | head 100 | chart count by source</param>
    <module name="FlashChart" layoutPanel="panel_row1_col1">
      <param name="width">100%</param>
      <param name="height">100%</param>
    </module>
  </module>
</view>

displays just a chart (and error messages).

sideview
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

It wouldnt be that bad to put another dropdown menu system in there. the ServerSideInclude module plus etc/apps/APPNAME/appserver/static/application.js can take you a long way.

0 Karma

gkanapathy
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

However, replacing them with a new menu system from some other javascript or HTML or other library is much more difficult, undocumented, and unsupported.

0 Karma

nik_splunk
Path Finder

Hi Jason,

all the appearances in Splunk are manageable by CSS. You have to create a customized yourfile.css that will override default configurations. Maybe could be useful for you the following doc http://www.splunk.com/base/Documentation/4.1.3/Developer/UseCSS

Bye

Nik

0 Karma

Jason
Motivator

Thanks - shutting off visibility in CSS would be one option, but I am also interested in how to put in custom custom menu HTML/JS code in the headers as well.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...