Security

Can't access to my Splunk cloud instance

jmauleon

I see my instance in the "instance" section under my profile, but when I hit "Access instance" button, it takes me to the "Terms of Service" page, and when I accept, it just get stuck in "Authenticating..." and does nothing more.
What am I doing wrong?

0 Karma
1 Solution

dhihoriya_splun
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Hi @jmauleon

I have created the same Free trial Splunk Cloud instance and When I have tried to open got the same issue "Authenticating..." in the web page but It is expected behavior as It is taking time to open the UI so please try to open it after some hours.

I tried to open after some time like some hours or after one day I was able to open the UI successfully.

Thanks,
Dixit

View solution in original post

0 Karma

ukari

Same problem - just signed up, password works in Splunk.com, but not in https://splunkcommunities.force.com/customers/apex/RMEC_InstancePage

ukari_0-1624562108462.png

Looks credentials are not being ported over from splunk to salesforce?  Trying Reset Password just says contact support which leads me here.

0 Karma

dhihoriya_splun
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Hi @jmauleon

I have created the same Free trial Splunk Cloud instance and When I have tried to open got the same issue "Authenticating..." in the web page but It is expected behavior as It is taking time to open the UI so please try to open it after some hours.

I tried to open after some time like some hours or after one day I was able to open the UI successfully.

Thanks,
Dixit

0 Karma

Omniamohamed

Dear @dhihoriya_splun ,
I can't access my instance. I entered by username and password but the login failed. I reset my password and try the new one but the login failed.

image.png

0 Karma

jmauleon

Finally I could access to the instance! The page that I opened yesterday is still authenticating but at the same time I opened my profile and tried to access the instance again and now the UI finally showed up.

Thanks for your support @adonio and @dhihoriya_splunk

0 Karma

jmauleon

Hi dhihoriya,
It's been 7 hours since last time I tried to open the instance, but nothing happens, it keeps showing "Authenticating..."
Should I cancel and try again? But I have 2 questions:
- To cancel the subscription I have to do it from Billing History page, which is empty, so I don't know how to cancel.
- Even if I could cancel, I don't know if I will be able to get a free trial again.

Any suggestion?

Thanks in advance,

0 Karma

dhihoriya_splun
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Hi @jmauleon

Actually Splunk is providing one active Splunk Cloud Trial to each customer, so you have to wait only.
You can cleat cache in your browser and try it or you can try to access it from another browser as because in my case it took 2 days to open successfully.

Thanks,
Dixit

0 Karma

jmauleon

I tried to open it since I created the Free trial (2 days ago), but I'll try again without exiting the page. Thanks.

0 Karma

jmauleon

Nop, the expiration date is Oct 01, 2019
alt text

And the page that shows after accepting terms of service is the following (and stays like that forever)

alt text

0 Karma

adonio
Ultra Champion

if its a free trial cloud, 15 days might have elapsed since you initiated it ..
see here:
https://www.splunk.com/page/sign_up/cloud_trial?utm_campaign=google_amer_en_search_brand&utm_source=...

if its enterprise and you are a current client, contact splunk support

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...