Security

Allow Splunk Server out through firewall.....

LandersFiscal
Engager

Hi guys, my apologies upfront for the question, I've searched and I can't seem to find the answer to this.

I'm putting splunk behind our PCI firewall, I need to know the IP's/Ports are needed for it to get out to function "normally". IE, if I click on the find more apps online, that it can. I can't do an access list with ANY eq 80 or ANY eq 443 I have to have specific IP's. Thanks in advance!

Tags (1)
0 Karma

Strype
Path Finder

8000, 9996, 8089. The ip will be whatever you assigned your servers, forwarders, peers, etc.

0 Karma

Strype
Path Finder

Splunk web will take the IP of the machine.

0 Karma

Strype
Path Finder

Okay I see. I must have misread. I assumed you were using a distributed architecture and that the firewalls were on the servers.

0 Karma

LandersFiscal
Engager

So that allows the splunk server, to access the community? That looks more like what the hosts use to connect back to the splunk server, correct?

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Watch Now!   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to leverage ...

More Control Over Your Monitoring Costs with Archived Metrics!

What if there was a way you could keep all the metrics data you need while saving on storage costs?This is now ...

New in Observability Cloud - Explicit Bucket Histograms

Splunk introduces native support for histograms as a metric data type within Observability Cloud with Explicit ...