Reporting

how to use inputlookup in subsearch

mvaradarajam
Path Finder

Hi All,
i have search like this,

|savedsearch [search index=_internal |eval tnow6 = now() | convert ctime(tnow6) | eval s=substr(tnow6,15,15) |eval r=substr(s,0,2)|eval SwitcherValue2=case(r%2=1,"alert1",r%2=0,"alert2")|dedup SwitcherValue2|return $SwitcherValue2]|table _time * threshold|makecontinuous _time

here alert1 and alert2 are the saved searches,but i am facing problem sometimes splunk deamon not response.i thought due to index search taken long time so my search has timed out.

how to use inputlookup instead of index="_internal".

here my query every 1 minute my saved search has changed.

can u plz help me

0 Karma
1 Solution

somesoni2
Revered Legend

Try this:

|savedsearch [| stats count | eval r=tonumber(strftime(now(),"%M"))|eval SwitcherValue2=case(r%2=1,"alert1",r%2=0,"alert2")|dedup SwitcherValue2|return $SwitcherValue2]|table _time * threshold|makecontinuous _time

View solution in original post

somesoni2
Revered Legend

Try this:

|savedsearch [| stats count | eval r=tonumber(strftime(now(),"%M"))|eval SwitcherValue2=case(r%2=1,"alert1",r%2=0,"alert2")|dedup SwitcherValue2|return $SwitcherValue2]|table _time * threshold|makecontinuous _time

somesoni2
Revered Legend

Then it should be some other problem. Check the error logs in _internal index to what is the problem.

Reference post:http://answers.splunk.com/answers/50485/splunkd-daemon-is-not-responding-the-read-operation-timed-ou...

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...