Reporting

adding Export button on a form

abhayneilam
Contributor

Hi,

How do I add an "Export" button on the result window in my "form" in each panel ?

After getting the result If I want to Export the data, I have to go to "view Result" , instead I want that "Export" button be available in the form itself

Please help me out regarding this...

0 Karma
1 Solution

jonuwz
Influencer

jonuwz
Influencer

Answer here

abhayneilam
Contributor

I have used the following in my Advance XML :

I have got only "Save" and "Share Results" options, But How do I export it in Excel or CSV , I did not get this option from "ResultsActionButtons" module.

Please help how it can be used..

0 Karma

DaveSavage
Builder

Nice one !

0 Karma

DaveSavage
Builder

Abhayneilam - have you tried using ResultsActionButtons in your dashboard? It doesn't require any special parameteres, and should bring in your buttons (save and print as well).

DaveSavage
Builder

A. Export per jonuwz's answer also has a good following in Sideview, which I think you are considering, or Ayn directed you towards recently?
See here for more controls: http://splunk-base.splunk.com/answers/39470/resultsactionbuttons-export-button-is-not-working-in-spl...

0 Karma

DaveSavage
Builder

Abhayneilam - good, that's progress. The manual suggests that there are no required params, and just 2 options. It depends what you need? Per the notes above it is clear that it will also do save, print and share as well as export.
Knowing your prev q's on drop-downs, the editView option yields a an edit link to start an 'editing' view in a popup window for a saved search or report.
Another optional param eventsView offers the user a 'view events' link to see returned events and to run a part of the search before any transforms.
The ref is p219 of the Developer manual for more.

0 Karma

abhayneilam
Contributor

Dave,

Now the "Export" button appears , following is the code which I used

result

Can you please let me know how do I make use of "ResultsActionButtons" .. Please help me as I want to get more option with my results

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

What's new in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312?

Hi Splunky people! We are excited to share the newest updates in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312! Analysts can ...

What’s New in Splunk Security Essentials 3.8.0?

Splunk Security Essentials (SSE) is an app that can amplify the power of your existing Splunk Cloud Platform, ...

Let’s Get You Certified – Vegas-Style at .conf24

Are you ready to level up your Splunk game? Then, let’s get you certified live at .conf24 – our annual user ...