Reporting

Why is CSV generated from report via trigger action inserting alternating blank rows?

lshoreSPLUNK
Engager

Hi All, 

I'm experiencing a funny issue with a Report I've setup within the "Search" module of Splunk.  The report is  generating a straight-forward table, example below:

lshoreSPLUNK_0-1606755081153.png

I've it configured for the search runs once per day, with a trigger action to send an email with the search results in a .csv file.  I've had this alert up and running for months without issue, however in recent days when I open the attached .CSV file for this daily email, there are alternative blank rows being included in the CSV file:

lshoreSPLUNK_0-1606755436084.png

If I run this search and download the .csv manually, the report doesn't have any alternating blank rows included in the report.  Similarly, if I update this daily report to instead attach a PDF of the search results, the PDF does not include any alternating blank rows.  So, I think the issue lies with something to do with the Trigger Action 'send email' however I can't seem to figure out what's causing this. 

Is anyone aware of this being a known issue, or is there somewhere obvious that I'm overlooking here? 

Thanks

Labels (1)

Saeryn
Engager

I am also experiencing this issue -- it was working at one point w/o the additional line.  I've looked over the fields we're using and the extra LF doesn't appear to be coming from a field.

Tags (2)
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Watch Now!   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to leverage ...

More Control Over Your Monitoring Costs with Archived Metrics!

What if there was a way you could keep all the metrics data you need while saving on storage costs?This is now ...

New in Observability Cloud - Explicit Bucket Histograms

Splunk introduces native support for histograms as a metric data type within Observability Cloud with Explicit ...